Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sayonara LJUNGBERG...(he was the last remaining member of the side which went unbeaten for an entire Premiership season..)


'When Thierry left it felt like the end,' explained Ljungberg. 'I had a lot of clubs in for me in the summer but always stayed loyal.

'But I felt it was the right time to go. When I signed my last contract two years ago we talked about the future, building a new stadium and bringing in top players, but it didn't really happen.

'Of course the decision tugged at my heart strings because I had been at Arsenal for almost 10 years. It was a big thing for me.

'I felt Arsenal had let a lot of players go. When Thierry left I felt it was time for me to do something different and challenging.'

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP